Circles of Learning for Entering Students
>>CircLES is the first step on the road to success for UTEP’s
entering Science and Engineering students.
The CircLES program is
designed to provide a strong academic foundation during the first
critical year of college.
An intensive orientation connects students to the campus and their peers before classes begin.
Orientation sessions include:
- Mathematics Review Sessions designed to increase mathematics placement scores.
- Science/Engineering Research Modules foster teamwork and give
students the opportunityto experience what science and engineering
- Academic advising and registration for their first semester.
- Science and Engineering Question and Answer lunch sessions provide students time to meet faculty on an informal basis.
- UTEP information sessions introduce students to the university.
Students receive advising and guidance by advisors especially trained to assist science and engineering students.
During their first two semesters, entering science and engineering
students are grouped in learning communities with students who place
into the same Mathematics course. Students take paired courses
(Mathematics and either a science, engineering or University Seminar
course) as a team, helping
students form stronger links with their